2022 National Specialty
May 21, 2022
Locust Trace Agri-Science Center
3591 Leestown Road, Lexington, KY 40511
Pre-entries Close: April 30, 2022
Show Secretary: Rachel Prince firstname.lastname@example.org
Show Chairman: Elisabeth Jensen. EMCCangus@gmail.com
Judge: Stephanie Mueller
Show Committee: Rachel Prince, Elisabeth Jensen, Karen Gray, Stacy Shipman
All regular UKC conformation classes will be offered for each breed offered.
Licensed Conformation classes consist of:
A. Regular Classes. Classes for intact dogs: Puppy (6 months-under 1 year); Junior (1 year-under 2 years); Adult (2 years & over); Open (6 months & over); Breeder & Handler (6 months & over shown by breeder); Champion (CH); Grand Champion (GRCH)
B. Altered Classes. Classes for altered dogs: Puppy (6 months-under 1 year); Junior (1 year-under 2 years); Adult (2 years & over); Open (6 months & over); Breeder & Handler (6 months & over shown by breeder); Champion (CH); Grand Champion (GRCH)
C. Non-Licensed Classes. Novice Puppy, Veteran, Brood Bitch / Stud Dog, Brace, Total Dog
Silver Turkish Medallion, donated by Sue Kocher will be awarded for Best in Show
Rosettes will be awarded for:
• Best Male/Female (regular and altered)
• Best of Winners (regular and altered)
• Champion of Champions (regular and altered)
• Grand Champion (regular and altered)
• Best of Breed (regular and altered)
• Best of Breed Novice Puppy
• Group Placements (regular and altered)
• Reserve Best Altered in Show
• Best Altered in Show
• Reserve Best in Show
• Best in Show
Pre-entries are $22 for regular classes
Pre-entries must be received WITH PAYMENT by April 30th, 2022 or they will be charged the day of show rates.
Day of show entries are $25.00 for regular classes
Send entries on the official UKC Entry Form to the event secretary:
1861 Evans Mill Road
Lexington, KY 40515
All dogs entering these shows must be permanently registered with UKC, have a Limited Privilege (LP) listing number, or have a valid Temporary Listing Number. You can apply for a Temporary Listing Number (TL) online at https://www.ukcdogs.com/tl-numbers. If you have questions on registering your dog with UKC, go to the UKC Web site http://www.ukcdogs.com for more information.
All pre-entered dogs must be permanently registered with UKC or have an LP or TL by the closing date of the show. Any pre-entries that are received without this information provided by the closing date will be charged the day of show entry fees.
All entries must include fees. Make all checks payable to KDCA.
Receipt of entries will be confirmed by e-mail if an e-mail address is provided on the entry form.
An un-entered dog may not be substituted for an entered dog.
No refund of entry fees will be made for pre-entries canceled after the pre-entry closing date. Entry fees shall not be refunded in the event that a dog is absent, disqualified, excused by a Veterinarian or Judge, or barred from competition by action of the Event Committee.
Every effort will be made to find duplicate entries before processing. If a duplicate entry is processed, however, no refund will be made.
If because of riots, civil disturbances, or other acts beyond the control of the UGSDA it is impossible to open or to complete a show or trial, no refund of entry fees will be made.
If, in the opinion of the KDCA, the well-being of dogs, exhibitors, or spectators is at risk due to extreme weather conditions, such as but not limited to snowstorms, hurricanes, lightning, or extreme heat, the KDCA may cancel or stop a show or trial before completion. No refunds will be made in such cases.
Owners are responsible for the accuracy of the information in the entry forms, regardless of who may make such errors. If an exhibitor is not called for their correct class or is called for an incorrect class it is their responsibility to ask the steward to stop the show and check with the show secretary to correct the error.
Owners and exhibitors are responsible for correcting any errors in their entry.
Dogs that, according to their owners’ records, have completed the requirements for a championship or grand championship after the closing of entries, may be transferred from the entered class to another class for which the dog is now eligible, provided that a request for transfer is made in writing to the show secretary no later than ½ hour prior to the start of any regular judging at the show.
All other corrections to entries must be made in writing to the show secretary not later than ½ hour prior to the start of any regular judging at that show.
Pre-entries cannot be modified after the closing of pre-entries other than for move-ups and corrections. If a dog is entered in only some of the shows during a weekend (for example Saturday only) the entry cannot be modified to switch shows (for example switching to Sunday only) even if they are absent for some shows.
Notice to Exhibitors
1. All events are held under the Rules and Regulations of the United Kennel Club, Inc.
2. Absolutely no alcoholic beverage or illegal drugs will be allowed on the grounds on the day of a UKC-licensed event.
3. The KDCA, its agents, UKC, its agents, and its employees assume no responsibility for any loss, damage, or injury sustained by spectators or exhibitors and handlers, or to any of their dogs or property, and further assume no responsibility for injury to children not under the control of their parents or guardians. The UGSDA and the UKC are not responsible for loss, accident, or theft.
4. Dogs and exhibitors may arrive at any time up to their judging time. Judging time is subject to change and exhibitors should be prepared to be judged any time after the start of the show. Dogs not required for further judging may leave the show grounds.
5. Exhibitors and dog owners are expected and required to clean up after their own dogs. Any person witnessing a violation of this rule must report it to the Event Committee. The Event Committee may ask any person violating this rule to leave the event grounds. No refund will be made if an exhibitor is asked to leave the grounds.
6. UKC encourages exhibitors to present their dogs with the least amount of grooming necessary to enable a Judge to properly compare each dog with the standard of its breed. Dogs should be clean, with nails cut to a suitable length for the dog to perform the work for which it was bred, and with clean teeth. The Judge’s determination that this rule has been violated shall be final. Except as allowed by a dog’s UKC breed standard, exhibitors are prohibited from altering coat color, coat texture, pigment color, ear carriage, tail carriage, or any other essential element of the dog’s conformation by any external means, including artificial color, foreign substances, or surgical means. Refer to the UKC Rules and Regulations for further information.
7. Dogs may not be left unattended when crated in soft mesh crates. No dog may be left in an unlatched or unzippered crate. X-pens will not be allowed in the building. GENERAL INFORMATION 1. Refreshments will be available at the show site. Breakfast, snacks, and lunch are available on both days.
Refreshments will be available at the show site.
A silent auction will be held to benefit Hands Helping Paws, Kangal Dog Project
The facility will be open at 8:00. Overnight security is not provided and no dog may be left in the building overnight.
There is no admission or parking fee.
A photographer will be available on-site
Link to location:
The hotels listed below accommodate pets and have no size restrictions. However, we suggest you reconfirm upon making your reservation.
Red Roof Inn
2651 Wilhite Dr. Lexington, KY 40511 #859-277-9400
920 Stanton Way, Lexington, KY 40511 #859-231-7551
Fairfield Inn and Suites
2100 Hackney Place, Lexington, KY 40511 #859-977-5850
Kentucky Horse Park Campground